Welcome back to Austin wedding music / San Antonio wedding music 101! You’re starting to plan your big day, and the music is no small matter. But how do you choose what songs will be performed? Lots of people will have opinions, but it’s your wedding, and it should reflect your specific tastes. Here are some suggestions to help you along your way:
- Don’t pass off the music choices. Even if it’s a trusted friend, family member or musician, if the music isn’t suited to you, you’ll regret the selections. Take an active role in the music portion of your wedding, even if you’re not a musical person.
- Find the right musician. Performers who are skilled and experienced will be able to compliment your musical wants. Make sure to get the musicians’ background and credentials. Listen to them play. Ask if they’ve played in your wedding venue or a similar space.
- Work with the musician. Even if you don’t have specific titles of music, give your musician a starting point, even if it’s only a mood or style – pop, jazz, light-hearted, classical, etc. From there, they will be able to start making suggestions.
- Similar music. If you have the style or mood of your type of music, try finding something within those categories. Even if it’s not exactly what you want, sharing titles of music that is similar to what you want will help the musician peg down better suggestions.
- Feedback. The musicians want you to be happy. So don’t just settle for the first suggestions if it doesn’t truly work for you. Give them feedback so they can tweak their recommendations. The experienced musician will have plenty of ideas to make your day memorable and joyous.
If you’re planning an office event, chamber concert, wedding ceremony or special event that calls for professional Austin wedding musicians, San Antonio wedding musicians, Austin ceremony musicians or San Antonio ceremony musicians, please contact us so we can help. Our performances can range to include the trumpet, violin, cello, string quartet, and so much more! From traditional wedding music to contemporary choices, we provide the perfect setting for that special event.